Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's still raining




Gosh, if I didn't know any better I'd think that I was in Seattle! Rain, rain and more rain. I would imagine that the drought that I mentioned before is officially over. It just doesn't feel like Paraguay without strong UVB ray content sun glaring down on me. 

Clothes that I washed two days ago are still not dry because the only place free of cold air and moisture is behind my refrigerator. The Peace Corps Volunteer tactic to dry clothes is to put them there. I doubt that I would have ever learned that cool trick unless I were a Peace Corps Volunteer. 

Last night I slept in wool socks and a wool vest. I later removed the socks because I got hot, but I had to sleep in near fetal position to stay warm through the night. I set my alarm for six-thirty with the hopes of going for a run, but the thought of running in wet, cold drizzle and having no heat or place to dry off adequately afterwards made me stay inside. 

This is my last day of Internet in my house, unfortunately. Thanks to Tessa for making my short lived accessible connection possible. 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

Photos, top from bottom:
Mother's Day in the Police Academy: May 12

Sunset, around May 3

Rainbow after the rain, May 3

No comments:

Post a Comment